• Regina Lally
    This is a really important message from the ICO to challenge the perception that Regulation is there to stifle Innovation, and one that's particularly pertinent to the STEM sector. I've summarised the key take-aways below:

Thinking about privacy from the start will mean that as you innovate and design your product/service, you'll be aware of the risks rather than coming up against them later in the process, by which time it's much harder to solve the issues.

Think about what the data protection and privacy issues are and use a variety of tools and approaches to resolve them. For me, it's key not to forget about the people involved in your company/project/data collection.

Collaboration brings together a wealth of strengths, viewpoints and skills which can only enhance the work you're doing.

Whilst the findings came from the FinTech industry, the concepts apply across the STEM sector.

To read the Blog from the ICO, click here: https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/news-and-events/news-and-blogs/2019/10/privacy-and-innovation-lessons-learnt-from-the-fca-techsprint/
  • Su Copeland
    This is a really useful summary and observation @Regina Lally - thank you
  • Mike Foster
    Thanks Regina. Appreciate the sharing.
    Just one of the risks I mentioned at our meeting earlier today that is often not perceived as a “risk” until it is too late.
  • Vincent Seddon
    Thank you Regina really helpful.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Social & Business Network for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.